For a Limited Time, Pre-Order Your Texas Almanac 2016–2017 at a Special Price
The Texas Almanac is the go-to guide for all subjects relating to Texas — the environment, commerce, history, government, sports, and other vital aspects of the Lone Star State.
Reserve your copy of the Texas Almanac 2016–2017 by ordering early and receive a 30-percent discount and FREE shipping.
Packed with articles, hundreds of full-color photographs, maps, and data, the 752-page Texas Almanac is “The Source For All Things Texan Since 1857.” And the 2016–2017 edition promises to be better than ever, featuring:
- A history of Texas’ various food regions—from Tex-Mex to barbecue—written by Dotty Griffith, longtime food writer for The Dallas Morning News and author of The Texas Holiday Cookbook, Celebrating Barbecue, and Wild About Chili.
- An article on the big business of Texas wine and vineyards, including a history of grape growing and winemaking, written by Melinda Esco, author of Texas Wineries.
- The story of Assault, the feisty chestnut colt from King Ranch who injured his right forefoot as a foal but loved to run and went on to win the 1946 Triple Crown. This article spotlights the 70th anniversary of Assault’s historic feat, which earned him the nickname “The Club-Footed Comet.”
- An overview of professional and college sports in Texas written by Norm Hitzges, popular sports-talk radio host in the DFW area for 40 years, author of Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of The 1990s, and the television play-by-play voice for the Dallas Sidekicks.
- Comprehensive lists of Texas high school, college, and professional sports championships.
And much more!
Read what so many people have to say about the Texas Almanac:
"Open this book anywhere and it will draw you in. This is the perfect reference book addition to your library!"
— Avid traveler Jerry
"This is a great reference book. We are life-long Texans, but there's still a lot about our state we want to learn. We like that it tells us more than we thought to ask."
— Native Texan Linda