CASCADE CAVERNS. Cascade Caverns, five miles south of Boerne in Kendall County, was first commercially operated from 1933 to about 1941; it was reopened about 1950. The cave, originally known as Hester's Cave, became famous as a result of Frank Nicholson's publication of cave explorations. In it a commercial tour passes through a half mile of flowstone-decorated passages and rooms. See also CAVES AND CAVE STUDIES.
Victor S. Craun, "Commercial Caves of Texas," in The Caves of Texas (National Speleological Society Bulletin 10, April 1948). Frank E. Nicholson, "A Celebrated Cave Exploration," in The Caves of Texas (National Speleological Society Bulletin 10 [April 1948]).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.A. Richard Smith, "CASCADE CAVERNS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rqc05), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.