LAKE B. A. STEINHAGEN
LAKE B. A. STEINHAGEN. Lake B. A. Steinhagen is on the Neches River a half mile north of Town Bluff in Tyler and Jasper counties (at 30°47' N, 94°10' W). It is impounded by the Town Bluff Dam. The lake has a drainage area of 7,573 square miles. Its paved earthfill dam has a spillway crest elevation of eighty-five feet above mean sea level. Construction on the dam by Reynolds, William, and Noonan Construction Company started in March 1947. The dam is owned by the United States government and is operated by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. The lake, which is eight miles long and four miles wide, is crossed near its midpoint by U.S. Highway 190. Martin Dies, Jr., State Park and Sandy Creek Park are on its banks.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."LAKE B. A. STEINHAGEN," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rolad), accessed November 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles