WILBARGER CREEK (SAN SABA COUNTY)
WILBARGER CREEK (San Saba County). Wilbarger Creek rises three miles north of Hall in northwestern San Saba County (at 31°20' N, 99°04' W). In 1846 the creek was named in honor of John Wilbarger, a chain carrier for John Harvey, deputy surveyor of Bexar County. The creek, which is intermittent for most of its course and is dammed in two places, flows northeast for twenty miles to its mouth on the Colorado River (at 31°26' N, 98°54' W). It crosses an area of steeply sloping hills surfaced by sandy and clayey loam soils that support live oak, mesquite, Ashe juniper, and grasses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WILBARGER CREEK (SAN SABA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbw87), accessed April 21, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.