WALKERS CREEK (MILAM COUNTY)
WALKERS CREEK (Milam County). Walkers (Walker, Walker's) Creek rises a half mile southwest of Burlington in eastern Milam County (at 31°00' N, 97°00' W) and runs southeast for thirteen miles to its mouth on the Little River, four miles northeast of Cameron (at 30°54' N, 96°55' W). The surrounding flat to rolling terrain is surfaced by dark, calcareous clays that support mesquite, cacti, and grasses. Walkers Creek was named for W. H. Walker, a county judge who had land on the creek in 1836.
Mrs. Jeff T. Kemp, Significance and Origin of the Names of the Rivers and Creeks of Milam County (Cameron, Texas, 1929).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WALKERS CREEK (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbw04), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.