KELSEY CREEK. Kelsey Creek rises four miles northwest of Kelsey in western Upshur County (at 32°45' N, 95°07' W) and flows fourteen miles to its mouth on Little Cypress Creek, two miles south of Bettie (at 32°47' N, 94°57' W). The stream flows east-southeast for half of its course, then makes a sharp northeasterly turn. It travels through well-drained gentle to steep slopes surfaced by gravelly to loamy soils. Mixed hardwoods, pines, and other conifers flank the creek, which was named for Dr. W. H. Kelsey, one of the first to settle in the area.
G. H. Baird, A Brief History of Upshur County (Gilmer, Texas: Gilmer Mirror, 1946).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tommy J. Hicks, "KELSEY CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbk09), accessed May 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.