Members Only Area
Bookmark and Share
sidebar menu icon


JASPER CREEK. Jasper Creek, originally known as Hog Creek, rises five miles northeast of Perrin in southeastern Jack County (at 33°03' N, 97°59' W) and runs northeast for thirteen miles. Until Lake Bridgeport was built in 1931, the stream joined the West Fork of the Trinity River. Jasper Creek now runs into the lake four miles east of Wizard Wells in Wise County (at 33°12' N, 97°53' W). The stream traverses steep to moderately sloping terrain surfaced with shallow, stony clay and sandy loam soils that support tall prairie grasses. Mesquite and oak trees shade the banks of the stream. For most of the county's history the Jasper Creek area has been used as crop and range land.


The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.

"JASPER CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (, accessed November 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.