CAMP VERDE. A second Camp Verde, two miles below old Camp Verde in Kerr County, was established on March 31, 1862, by James M. Norrisqv as a ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. It was manned by members of Charles S. DeMontel'sqv company and served as a frontier outpost, probably until the consolidation of the regiment in March 1864.
William Curry Holden, "Frontier Defense in Texas during the Civil War," West Texas Historical Association Year Book 4 (1928).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CAMP VERDE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc39), accessed September 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.