CAMP CABELL. Camp Cabell, a temporary United States military installation during the Spanish-American War, was located at Dallas and named for William Lewis Cabell, a Confederate general. The camp was occupied for a time by the Second Texas Volunteer Infantry.
Dallas Morning News, July 19, 1925.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CAMP CABELL," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc04), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.