CAMP WICHITA. Camp Wichita was a military post near the site of present Buffalo Springs in southeastern Clay County. It may have been little more than a way station for couriers traveling between Fort Richardson and Red River Station. It was used intermittently by the Sixth United States Cavalry from 1868 to 1873.
William Charles Taylor, A History of Clay County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "CAMP WICHITA," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qbc31), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.