TYLER FEMALE COLLEGE
TYLER FEMALE COLLEGE. In 1883 Tyler Female College in Tyler was established under the control of the Eastern Texas Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church, United States. It was closed about 1886.
William Stuart Red, A History of the Presbyterian Church in Texas (Austin: Steck, 1936). Donald W. Whisenhunt, comp., Chronological History of Smith County (Tyler, Texas: Smith County Historical Society, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Louise Kelly, "TYLER FEMALE COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbt33), accessed May 23, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.