CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE-ACADEMY
CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE-ACADEMY. Corpus Christi College-Academy, a boarding and day school for boys in junior and senior high school, was conducted by the Order of St. Benedict. Its five buildings, three miles west of Corpus Christi, were located on a forty-acre campus donated to Bishop Emmanuel Boleslaus Ledvina by John Dunn, Jr. His cousin, John B. Dunn, donated part of his museum collection to the school, which included Indian relics, fossil remains, antiques, and souvenirs of pioneer days. The school was approved by the state Department of Education. Annual enrollment was approximately 200. In 1972 a hurricane destroyed some of the buildings and the school was closed.
Albert M. Schreiber, When the Bishop Blesses (San Antonio: Standard, 1943).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Eva Beth Wood, "CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE-ACADEMY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbc43), accessed July 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.