ADAIR NORMAL SCHOOL
ADAIR NORMAL SCHOOL. Adair Normal School was a private school in Whitesboro, west central Grayson County. In 1894 C. L. and Noah Adair leased the building that previously was the home of the Shilow Baptist Institute. The two-story facility, constructed in 1889 at the corner of Main and College streets, housed the Adair Normal School for two years. During that time the Adairs attempted to establish a college-level academic institution. Enrollment and financial problems, however, led to the closing of the school in 1896.
Grayson County Frontier Village, History of Grayson County, Texas (2 vols., Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Hunter, 1979, 1981). Graham Landrum and Allen Smith, Grayson County (Fort Worth, 1960; 2d ed., Fort Worth: Historical Publishers, 1967).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "ADAIR NORMAL SCHOOL," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kba03), accessed June 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.