SOUTHWEST SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL STUDY AND RESEARCH
SOUTHWEST SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL STUDY AND RESEARCH. The Southwest Society of Biblical Study and Research, an organization for teachers of religion in colleges and seminaries of the Southwest, was organized on December 31, 1929, under the sponsorship of C. M. Bishop of Southern Methodist University and W. C. Morro of the Brite College of the Bible at Texas Christian University. The society held annual meetings at one of the theological seminaries in Fort Worth, Dallas, Waco, or Austin. In 1949 the society had a membership of seventy-five, representing five seminaries and twelve colleges in Texas and several such schools in Oklahoma and Colorado.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Colby D. Hall, "SOUTHWEST SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL STUDY AND RESEARCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kas01), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.