DECKER, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)
DECKER, TEXAS (Travis County). Decker is three miles west of Manor in northeastern Travis County. A school opened there as early as 1882, and a Methodist church was established before 1900. In 1907 the Decker school had two teachers and sixty-one students; it was consolidated with the Manor Independent School District in 1943. A church, a cemetery, and several houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s. In the 1980s Decker was the name of the junction of a branch line of the Southern Pacific on Walter E. Long Lake.
Mary Starr Barkley, History of Travis County and Austin, 1839–1899 (Waco: Texian Press, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "DECKER, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hwd03), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.