WILDA, TEXAS. Wilda, in northwestern Shelby County six miles from Timpson, was named for the sweetheart of an employee of the Ragley Lumber Company, which once ran a road through the area. In 1946 it was a church and school community, and by 1988 it no longer existed as a named community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.D. R. Taylor, "WILDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw52), accessed November 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles