WIHAN, TEXAS. Wihan was a temporary post village in the vicinity of Call, forty-five miles northeast of Beaumont in southern Newton County. Named for the law firm of C. C. Wightman and J. A. Hancock, the Wihan post office was established in December 1916. Amanda West served as postmistress. Less than two years later, the Wihan office was discontinued and moved to Call. No identifiable community remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "WIHAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw50), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.