WEST NONA, TX
WEST NONA, TEXAS. West Nona was between Farm roads 1003 and 1293 thirty-three miles northwest of Beaumont in central Hardin County. The logging camp established there during the mid-1880s was named after the parent lumber company at Nona. Although virgin local timber was soon cut out, scattered residences in the nearby Honey Island community and a church still marked the old site in 1985.
Charlsie E. Berly, "Records of the Nona Mills Company, Inc. (1884–1968)," Texas Gulf Historical and Biographical Record 20 (1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "WEST NONA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw35), accessed August 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.