VANN, TEXAS. Vann was a community just north of the Corsicana city limits in central Navarro County. The largely black community was first established sometime before 1900 as a stop on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. In the mid-1930s Vann included a depot, several stores, and a number of houses. After World War II the area was annexed by Corsicana.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "VANN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvv05), accessed April 19, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.