TULANE, TEXAS. Tulane is on the Southern Pacific Railroad seventeen miles east of Beaumont in central Orange County. The Tulane Lumber Company, with Felix A. Burros as president and T. L. Foster as secretary, had established its headquarters at Tulane by 1910. By 1974 the point had been largely abandoned except for a railroad siding, which was still known as Tulane.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "TULANE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt80), accessed May 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.