TORDILLA, TEXAS. Tordilla, three miles northwest of Fashing in eastern Atascosa County, was a stage stop and post office on the old San Patricio Trail from 1878 to 1888. In the early 1900s the old stage stand was converted into Stage Stand School. A hand-dug, boulder-lined well was all that remained of Tordilla in 1963.
Atascosa County History (Pleasanton, Texas: Atascosa History Committee, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "TORDILLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt48), accessed May 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.