TINNINS, TEXAS. Tinnins was on a bend in the Red River and just off Farm Road 197, sixteen miles northeast of Paris in north central Lamar County. The settlement was named for Lawrence W. Tinnin, who settled in the area around 1835 near a low-water crossing on the river. At one time the site had a school, a gin, and a number of houses, but by the 1930s Tinnins no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TINNINS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt35), accessed May 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.