TIERRA ALTA, TX
TIERRA ALTA, TEXAS. Tierra Alta was five miles northeast of Rudd, near the northeastern corner of Schleicher County. A post office was established there in 1924 with Ella M. Hall as postmistress. Postal route maps from 1935 indicated that the office had been discontinued. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps in the 1940s.
Schleicher County Historical Society, A History of Schleicher County (San Angelo: Anchor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "TIERRA ALTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt31), accessed November 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles