SOUTH HANLON, TX
SOUTH HANLON, TEXAS. South Hanlon, in central Stephens County, was established in the 1920s as a result of the oil boom. A map from that time shows two Hanlon plant locations and one Hanlon gasoline plant located between Breckenridge and Necessity. By 1949 some twelve families lived at South Hanlon. By the 1980s, however, all that existed at the site was an abandoned railway station.
Loy W. Hartsfield, A History of Stephens County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1929).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."SOUTH HANLON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsap), accessed March 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.