SHAW'S RANCH, TX
SHAW'S RANCH, TEXAS. Shaw's Ranch, in northeastern Callahan County, was one of the first two post offices established in the county. The office opened on February 26, 1877, with Archer J. Shaw as first postmaster. On April 17, 1877, he was succeeded as postmaster by Isaac Shaw, who stayed in that position until the post office was discontinued on April 8, 1878.
Brutus Clay Chrisman, Early Days in Callahan County (Abilene, Texas: Abilene Printing and Stationery, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Julius A. Amin, "SHAW'S RANCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs79), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.