RENOVA, TEXAS. Renova was a lumber camp on the Houston East and West Texas Railway between Diboll and the Neches River in southwest Angelina County. During the first decade of the twentieth century it was a lumber-shipping station. It was abandoned at roughly the same time as the sawmill at Emporia, a few miles to the north. The Emporia Lumber Company, owned by M. T. Jones and Samuel F. Carter, managed a mill in what is today south Diboll. It is thought that this mill, opened in 1892, either burned or was closed sometime before 1910.
Diboll Free Press, October 2, 1980.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "RENOVA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr34), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.