RED BLUFF, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)
RED BLUFF, TEXAS (San Saba County). Red Bluff was a stage stop and ferry landing nine miles east of San Saba on the Colorado River in San Saba County. On April 1, 1875, Stephen M. Lewis became postmaster of an office that operated until May 20, 1878. By 1882 the ferry approaches were in disrepair, and a bridge was built. Construction of later bridges north of Red Bluff caused further decline in the settlement.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "RED BLUFF, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr23), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.