RECTOR, TEXAS. Rector was a small rural community sixteen miles southeast of Denton in southeastern Denton County. It was likely established in the late nineteenth century and named for Nat H. Rector, who operated a cotton gin and general merchandise store there. A post office operated from 1891 through 1909. No population statistics were available for the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "RECTOR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr20), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.