RAWLINS, TEXAS. Rawlins was at the intersection of State Highway 342 and Donlee Road, at the site of present Lancaster, twelve miles south of Dallas in south central Dallas County. It was on the land grant of Roderick Rawlins, who settled in the area before 1848. Rawlins secured a post office in 1890 and reported a population of fifty in 1896. In the early 1900s the community served as a stop on the Texas Electric Railroad. The Rawlins post office was discontinued in 1901.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "RAWLINS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr15), accessed April 21, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.