PRESLEY, TEXAS. Presley was a rural community in southeastern Titus County eight miles southeast of Mount Pleasant near the Morris county line. The only known business in Presley was a country store operated by William R. Presley, who was also postmaster from the opening of the post office in 1901 to its close in 1904. By 1984 Presley no longer existed. No population estimates were available for the community.
Traylor Russell, History of Titus County (2 vols., Waco: Morrison, 1965, 1966; rpt., n.p.: Walsworth, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "PRESLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp84), accessed May 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.