POINTERS, TEXAS. Pointers (Pointer) was a small rural community in southern Waller County, five miles southwest of Brookshire, one mile north of the Fort Bend county line, and one mile east of the Austin county line. Possibly named for Isaac Pointer, an early Waller county settler, Pointers had a school for fifty-nine black children in 1899; by 1935 seventy-four children attended the school. Sometime thereafter, the Pointers school closed, and children enrolled in the Brookshire schools. Pointers had a schoolhouse and scattered homes in 1941. The community did not appear on county maps in the 1980s.
Waller County Historical Survey Committee, A History of Waller County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Paul M. Lucko, "POINTERS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp69), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.