PINKSTON, TEXAS. Pinkston was a rural farming community in central Navarro County midway between Corsicana and Blooming Grove on State Highway 22. The town was founded in the late 1880s on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway and grew up around a store operated by Calvin Henderson. A post office opened in 1892 and was named for a railroad man named Pinkston; it closed in 1914. In 1945 Pinkston had a population of seventy-five, three stores, and a number of scattered dwellings. In the 1980s the town no longer appeared on highway maps.
Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933). Alva Taylor, History and Photographs of Corsicana and Navarro County (Corsicana, Texas, 1959; rev. ed., Navarro County History and Photographs, Corsicana, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carol M. Rushing, "PINKSTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp48), accessed April 21, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.