PESCADITO, TEXAS. Pescadito (Spanish for "little fish"), on a mail route from Aguilares in southwestern Webb County, became a stop on the Texas Mexican Railroad in 1881. At its height in 1907 it had a one-teacher school for twenty-six white students. In 1930 it had a population of twenty-five and two businesses. In 1939 and 1945 the same figures were reported. The town reportedly supplied wood for the railroad from the local mesquite trees until coal began to be used, and the town subsequently disappeared. No figures were reported after 1946, and the site had a several houses in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alfredo B. Barrera III, "PESCADITO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp38), accessed May 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.