PAULINE, TEXAS. Pauline was on Twin Creek at the intersection of U.S. Highway 175 and Farm Road 85, sixteen miles northwest of Athens in Henderson County. The community became a switch on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad in 1900. It was first known as Ham and had a post office under this name from 1901 to 1912. In 1912 the post office name was changed to Pauline; the office closed in 1921. Two businesses and a population of ten were reported at the community in 1910. Four general stores, five fruit growers, and two potato shippers were reported in 1914. In 1940 Pauline consisted of two businesses and a population of fifty; it reported this population level through the mid-1940s, after which no further statistics were available. A 1948 map shows scattered rural dwellings in the area. The community was not marked on the 1983 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Amy M. Reif, "PAULINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp20), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.