PARSON'S SEMINARY, TX
PARSON'S SEMINARY, TEXAS. Parson's Seminary was about twelve miles east of Austin in Travis County. It was one of the principal towns in the county in 1859 and was noted for its school for females; the school was named for Silas Parsons. A post office was established at the community in July 1870, with Herrman Mosson as postmaster; it was discontinued in August 1871, and mail for area residents was sent to Austin.
Austin History Center Files. John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PARSON'S SEMINARY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp13), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.