PAN AMERICAN CAMP, TX
PAN AMERICAN CAMP, TEXAS. Pan American Camp was east of Willamar in eastern Willacy County. The community was established in 1943 as a result of oil development in the vicinity. The Pan-American Company leased several area oilfields including the Willamar field southeast of Willamar. The Pan-American offices, a store, and houses for fifteen to twenty families made up the settlement of Pan American Camp in 1947. The community was not shown on the 1948 county highway map.
Willacy County News, February 13, 1941, July 29, 1943.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruth Musgrave Coole, "PAN AMERICAN CAMP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp08), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.