OZRO, TEXAS. Ozro is a mile west of Farm Road 157 and twelve miles west of Waxahachie in Ellis County. It was named either for Ozro High, a son of an early leader, or Ozro Cheatham, the son of T. O. Cheatham. The Ozro community received a post office in 1898, with James O. Hightower as the postmaster. It operated until 1906, when mail was routed through Venus in Johnson County. Ozro had a school from 1915 to 1944, when it was consolidated with the Maypearl school district. The 1980 county highway map showed Ozro with a cemetery nearby.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "OZRO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvo55), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.