OTTOWA, TEXAS. Ottowa was on Bedias Creek in southeastern Madison County. In 1898 a post office was established there; according to one account, the first postmaster was a black named Viser. The post office was closed in 1905, and Ottawa was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.John Leffler, "OTTOWA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvo40), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.