NOELETTE, TEXAS. Noelette was one of three small oil camps built at the Roxana oil pool in northeastern Carson County during the mid-1920s. First located south and east of the Roxana and Skelly communities, Noelette moved its businesses to the new Skellytown townsite after the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway completed its oil branch line there from White Deer in 1927. On June 29 of that year a post office was opened at the village. By the time the Great Depression stifled the boom in 1930, Noelette reported one store and a population of thirty. In 1944 the post office was discontinued and its services replaced by delivery from White Deer. Subsequently, the community merged with Skellytown.
Arthur Hecht, comp., Postal History in the Texas Panhandle (Canyon, Texas: Panhandle-Plains Historical Society, 1960). Jo Stewart Randel, ed., A Time to Purpose: A Chronicle of Carson County (4 vols., Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966–72).