NOLEDA, TEXAS. Noleda, on Piedras Pintas Creek four miles north of Benavides in central Duval County, was the site of an oil refinery for the Noleda oilfield. A post office operated there for two years beginning in 1908, when the town had a population of thirty. Frederick W. Boebinger was postmaster. By the late 1940s the town was no longer shown on maps of the area, and the Tinney Piedras Pintas cemetery was all that remained of Noleda in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "NOLEDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn42), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.