NINE, TEXAS. Nine was on Bear Creek nine miles southwest of Brady in southwestern McCulloch County. A post office operated there from 1902 to 1918. The community had a general store in 1914, and most area residents were stock raisers. A school and a few scattered houses were shown on the 1948 county highway map, but they were not shown on maps from the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn40), accessed April 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.