MOSELY, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
MOSELY, TEXAS (Red River County). Mosely was on the Lamar county line five miles southwest of Detroit in southwestern Red River County. A post office was opened there in 1882, and by 1884 the town was described as having a school, two churches, and a population of fifty. By 1890 the population had swelled to an estimated 100, and by 1892 to 150. In 1892 the town had a blacksmith, a carpenter, two doctors, a general store, a gristmill, and a gin. That same year the post office was closed, and by 1936 only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area that had been Mosely.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "MOSELY, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmbr), accessed March 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.