MYERS SETTLEMENT, TX
MYERS SETTLEMENT, TEXAS. Myers Settlement was at the head of Mountain Creek, eight miles northeast of Cleburne in northeastern Johnson County. The settlement derived its name from Samuel, David, and Clementine Myers, pioneer settlers in the area. Samuel Myers is credited with building on his 3,000-acre farm the first school in Johnson County; Myers Settlement apparently consisted of little more than the school. In 1896–97 Myers had one school with two teachers and ninety-two students; by 1900 there were 100 students; and by 1905–06 there was no school.
Johnson County History Book Committee, History of Johnson County, Texas (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "MYERS SETTLEMENT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmbf), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.