MUSTANG, TX (FALLS COUNTY)
MUSTANG, TEXAS (Falls County). Mustang is on State Highway 14 nine miles northeast of Reagan in eastern Falls County. In 1905 the Mustang district had a one-teacher school and sixty students. During the late 1940s the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and several scattered residences. The school was consolidated with the Bremond Independent School District of Robertson County in 1949. By the 1980s all that marked the community on county highway maps was the church and cemetery.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "MUSTANG, TX (FALLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmbd), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.