MORRIS, TX (FALLS COUNTY)
MORRIS, TEXAS (Falls County). Morris, three miles west of Mooreville in northwestern Falls County, was established in the early 1880s and named for John Morris, an early rancher. In 1905 the Morris school had one teacher and fifty-five students. County highway maps from the 1940s showed a church and a few scattered houses. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "MORRIS, TX (FALLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmak), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.