MCCONNICO, TEXAS. During the first decade of the twentieth century McConnico was a logging camp in central Angelina County two miles south of Huntington. It received its mail from Huntington and was named for lumberman J. B. McConnico. About 1906 McConnico built a small sawmill at nearby Diboll Junction, five miles southeast of Lufkin at the intersection of the Texas South-Eastern Railroad and the Cotton Belt. He was also the tax assessor of Angelina County from 1904 to 1908.
Archie Birdsong Mathews, The Economic Development of Angelina County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1952).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "MCCONNICO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm55), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.