LAKE JUNE, TX
LAKE JUNE, TEXAS. Lake June, a community that was also called June, was on Lake June six miles east of Dallas beyond Pleasant Grove in eastern Dallas County. The community was platted in 1924. On October 31, 1949, the 1,500 residents of Lake June voted thirty-three to thirty to incorporate to avoid being annexed by Dallas. The residents voted no taxes and no bonds. Bert Cook was elected mayor on the write-in ballot. On May 9, 1950, the square-mile area of the town was disincorporated by its residents. On October 4, 1951, the city of Dallas attempted to annex Lake June, but the residents filed a suit. The court ruled that a suit could not be brought by the citizens of Lake June because it did not exist as a separate entity, and Lake June was annexed by Dallas in 1952.
Dallas Morning News, November 11, 1951, January 12, 1952.