LAWS, TEXAS. Laws was ten miles northwest of Mount Vernon in northwestern Franklin County. A post office was established there in 1883 with John A. Laws as postmaster. In 1890 the community had an estimated population of thirty, a gin, a mill, and the grocery and distillery that John Laws operated. The post office was closed in 1906, and by the 1930s Laws had ceased to exist as a named community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "LAWS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvlan), accessed March 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.