LOYOLA, TEXAS. The now-deserted community of Loyola was located in the northeastern corner of Martin County. It was named after Saint Ignatius of Loyola and had a post office from 1910 to 1917. In 1916 a ten-grade school was organized. It was consolidated with Flower Grove school in 1938.
Martin County Historical Commission, Martin County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Noel Wiggins, "LOYOLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl96), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.