LITTLE'S CHAPEL, TX
LITTLE'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Little's Chapel was a sawmill community off State Highway 21 some sixteen miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was named for a church, probably organized before 1900, that served as the focus of the community. During the 1930s Little's Chapel had a church, a sawmill, and a number of houses. After World War II the sawmill closed, and many of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s only the chapel and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LITTLE'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl61), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.